Sunday, October 17, 2010

Backpack

When Maximus was a newborn I carried him in a ring sling. Soon enough though he was too big & more aware of his surroundings so he didn't want to be lying down, hiding away anymore. He wanted to sit up. So I decided to use the Baby Bjorn that I had - then I read about how they aren't the best for baby's spine so I bought a mei tai carrier.

I loved it, it was the best carrier I've ever bought & Maximus was so comfy & secure as well!

So I started wearing him around every time we went out & sometimes at home as needed. Though I found it hard to do some house duties with him on my front, so I'd end up just walking around getting frustrated at things I could not do.

Matt also loved wearing Max in the mei tai & sometimes when we went out we would argue over who's 'turn' it was to wear the baby - I always won of course!

A little off track but on Saturday we were at Jo's dance class & because she is only new we stay in the room while she dances. Max was in the mei tai & was tired & started to crack. I worried that they would ask us to leave the room which would upset Jocelyn & didn't want to unwrap the mei tai & lug it around etc so I somehow manoeuvred my shirt, his mouth all the while keeping it discreet & I breastfed him to sleep while standing there watching my daughter dance - AWESOME moment. Not much to some, but it was a moment of triumph for me.

Ok, so back on track. Today Maximus was fussing, Matt was mowing the lawn & I desperately needed to get some housework done. So I grabbed the mei tai & got Matt's help to get Maximus settled on my back. At first it actually felt a bit odd - but after a bit it was really comfy!

I leant forward to do something & felt Max put his cheek on my back - then I felt it get heavier. He had falled asleep. I walked past the mirror in our room to have a look & yep he was snuggled in, fast asleep.

So with him like that I hung out 2 loads of washing, swept the floors inside & the concrete outside where Matt was mowing & then I had to take the mei tai off as it was beginning to hurt my shoulders. But it was SO nice to be able to get my chores done & keep Maximus happy (or asleep) at the same time!

Now I have no excuse for a messy house!

Peace out
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment