Monday, October 18, 2010

Not a Happy Chap

I think my poor little Lamb is not well. I expected it - I've almost lost my voice after being infected with a cold. He hasn't been very happy at all today, no matter what I do. Actually, he wasn't very happy overnight either. He woke about every 1-2hours! He never even did that as a newborn, so I knew something was up. He would have a quick feed then fall back asleep. But then he would start tossing & turning & fussing. I cuddled him most of the night which seemed to help him get a little bit of sleep. Poor little guy, I hate it when they are sick.

Today he has been just as upset - though, bless him, he has still managed to smile at us a fair bit! But all he wanted to do was feed & when he would get upset he would cry out & then cough, then cry some more - guess his throat is sore too. So I just fed him lots to soothe his poor throat & he perked up a bit.

But I had some orders to finish & was *so* close to finishing when Maxi started to fuss as he needed to sleep but was too upset to drift off. So Matty took him outside for a bit. I went out to see how Maxi was doing a little while later & Matty was playing with the kids on the driveway. He was laying on his back on the driveway & was holding Maxi above him. I sat down beside Matty & Max saw me & let out a delighted squeal & my heart lifted just to see him happy again. In his excitement Max forgot to swallow & Dada caught a big faceful of Maxi dribble! Yum!

Here's hoping he sleeps well tonight & wakes up feeling better in the morning!

Peace out
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment