Saturday, October 2, 2010

Little Mum

Ever since we had Cooper in 2008 Jocelyn has been a little Miss Mum. She would attempt to change Cooper's nappy & clothes when she was only 18 months old & want to carry & burp him.

As she has gotten older, as has he, she seems to have lost interest & he is now simply the annoying brother who doesn't listen. Nor does he want to comply with her when she demands he lay down on her makeshift bed & go to sleep!

Every now & then Cooper will let Jocelyn dress him in the mornings. Sometimes he will succumb & lay on the hard floor & pretend to be asleep while she places a cot sheet over him & gently pats his bum.

Jocelyn was so excited to be getting another baby in the family while I was pregnant with Lamb. She would sit next to me & be in hysterics watching my belly jump & roll. Sometimes she would pretend *her* baby was kicking her too, especially when I would complain that baby was kicking me rather hard!

Her first meeting with Maximus involved her attempting to undress him! I knew we were really in for it this time & I would have to watch her like a hawk.

Jocelyn is so wonderful with Maxi - they all are actually. He is the centre of attention most days & he just loves his brothers & sister so much!

Get to the point of the blog Katie!

Right ...

Today I was sitting on the couch feeding Maximus & talking to Matt about something not important enough to mention here - because then I would go on a tangent, like I'm doing right now! - & Jocelyn was sitting quietly with us.
When there was a lull in conversation I glanced down at Jo & she was watching me intently & it was then that I noticed that she was holding her baby doll to her breast!

My heart swelled with pride at this - even more so when I realised she was watching me intently & then positioning herself, legs, arm, head  -everything, to be in the exact same position as what mine was at that time.

My eyes welled up. Such a precious moment.

Then, she looked at me with confusion. She glanced down at her chest, up at me, back down to her chest. I saw the question on her lips before she spoke. She pointed to her little breast & asked 'Mumma, is this my boobie?'

'Yes baby, it is' I answered her in between giggles.

My beautiful little woman, Mama loves you baby girl!

Peace out
xx


P.S. This picture isn't from today, it was taken about a month ago - there won't be any pictures til at least next month as I don't have a camera anymore :-( I'm sure I will make up for it when I do though!

No comments:

Post a Comment