Thursday, October 21, 2010

Student of the Week!

Matt & I were both worried about how Bailey would take to Prep. Bailey does not cope well with big changes so we were concerned that the transition from Pre-Prep to Prep, a whole new environment, people etc, might've been too much for him.

He prooved us wrong & has continued to prove us wrong & amaze us every day. His first day of school he surprised us by how at ease he was. We had done lots of preparatory talks & drives past the school & commenting about how he would be going there soon & he seemed really eager. Even when we went to the information day he was excited - even though he didn't leave my side when given the option to go play while I talked to the teachers.

Anyway, back to his first day. He stayed by our sides a bit, but soon enough he was happy to go & sit on the carpet & read a book quietly with himself. Matt & I glanced at each other silently wondering when our little boy had grown up!

Soon after we mentioned to Bailey that we were going to go soon. He wasn't fazed at all! So we took advantage of this & decided to go. That was hard for me! I'm very protective of Bailey & wish I could have stayed with him all day! But he was fine & had a FANTASTIC day!

He has absolutely loved school ever since!

What has surprised us even more is how well he is doing with his reading & writing! He has amazed us & his teachers. Every time we talk to his teacher she sings him praise about how well he is doing in Prep!

The other week he excitedly told us how Mrs Gamer was so impressed with him because he was able to sound out & spell 'banana' all on his own! Apparently Mrs Gamer told him that it looked like a teacher had written it because it was so neat! He was mighty proud of himself, as were we!

Anyway, I'm getting carried away again.

The principal Mr Matthewson rang us on Friday morning to let us know that Bailey would be getting a Student of the Week this week so we could be there for it. This is his 2nd for the year.

So we went along & sat up the back & my eyes welled up as Mr Matthewson called my boy's name & up goes my little guy who has suddenly gotten so much bigger, so quickyl, & hands him his well deserved award. I swelled with pride as I heard his little voice in the micrpophone say "Thank you". Even though he was shy standing up in front of all those people, he still remembered his manners!

My heart is so full of love for this little big man of mine, that I feel it could burst!

I'm so proud of you Bailey, you're truly amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment