Friday, September 17, 2010

Ahoy there me hearties!

Today was the last day of Term 3 for Bailey boy.

I cannot believe he only has one more term to go & then he has finished his first year of school. It has just flown by. Bailey has thrived since beginning school. He is like a sponge - he loves to learn anything & everything. I love how much of an effort he puts into learning & school.

He has astounded me with his reading abilities! He is such a clever darling & watching him grow & learn is just amazing.

Anyway - I'm bragging again.

Today was also 'Pirate Day' at school. Bailey & his class mates were allowed to dress up as pirates for today. So this morning he eagerly got dressed in his pirate costume we bought him yesterday, ignoring the fact that it was slightly too big on him.

After begrudgingly standing for photos for the annoying mother, Bailey was all set & was on his way to join the rest of his crew on their ship!

When I picked him up, he didn't seem as happy as I thought he would be after today. I asked him what was wrong & he explained to me that *everyone* else had an eye patch, but he didn't. 

OOPS!

So I quickly thought on my feet & had another *Light Bulb* moment. I questioned him about why he thinks pirates have eye patches & he told me that it was because their eyes were shot - trying to hide the shock from my face- I nodded & went on to explain that they had bad eyes, so they had to wear eye patches & therefore couldn't see very well

BUT

Bailey didn't have an eye patch because he had two PERFECT, working eyes & therefore *could* see - in fact he could see better than his crew members!

I don't know how or why, but it worked & Bailey seemed satisfied with that answer!!

PHEW! Crisis averted!

Peace out
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment