Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Krazy Kolours

Just over a year ago, I quit smoking. One of the hardest parts was breaking the habit. All the times that I would normally have a cigarette, I would desperately find something else to do/eat/drink otherwise I would be struck with the worst cravings that almost had me give in multiple times.

I thought by avoiding coffee it would be easier, as I always had a cigarette with my coffee. But I found it harder because I was cutting out 2 addictions essentially. So I kept the coffee & that seemed to help a bit.

The main thing that got me through it, apart from my own family & health, especially since we had planned for another baby, was the memories of my dear Nana who passed away December 2008 from Cancer.

Nights were the worst as this was when I smoked the most. Soon enough I could satisfy my cravings with chocolate at night times, & a coffee throughout the day.

Once Maximus came along though, he tolerated the coffee, but would get a belly ache with the chocolate. I began to panic. I was sure I could do without it, but was worried the cigarette cravings would return.

One day while we were grocery shopping I spotted this funky looking ice cream called 'Krazy Kolors' - Matt decided to get it, but I wasn't a big ice cream fan so I wasn't fussed. That night Matt offered me a taste from his bowl of Krazy Kolors. The taste was better than any ice cream I had ever tasted! It was DELICIOUS!!!!! And the best bit - Maximus loves it too!

So, now, every night once the kids are in bed, I get my bowl of Krazy Kolors - Bliss!

Peace Out
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment