Friday, September 24, 2010

Outnumbered

Tuesday & Friday's are Jocelyn's Kindy days. When Bailey is on school holidays she never really seems keen to go to Kindy for fear she will miss out on some fun. But today she was happy to go along, even better when Daddy said he would drop her off for something different!

While Matt was off dropping JoJo off I went about my morning cleaning ritual & continued after Matt got home. I had my music up loud - it helps me get into it more - & singing & dancing around the house when I realised that something was missing.

My little shadow wasn't behind me helping me, or standing so close that I step on her toes accidently, or seeing the hillarity in sitting on her bottom, holding my leg & scooting along the tiles while I walk from room to room. It was quiet. It was lonely.

As I glanced around I realised that I really was alone. I wandered down to the other end of the house glancing into each room as I passed it, but still found none of my little people. I could hear the clicking of Matt's fingers on his keyboard as he worked down the office but nothing else. I was just about to turn around & go see if the kiddies were outside when I heard a rather delighted squeal come from the office.

What I saw as I walked into the office was so heart-warming. All of my special men (big & little) were piled onto one chair - yes ONE chair! They were all completely enthralled in Matt's computer game (I guess he wasn't working after all! ) & I wished my little woman was there to keep me company.

I quickly & quietly took a photo, while smiling to myself, then left them to enjoy their time together as well as enjoy some 'me' time - even if it was spent doing the housework!

Peace out
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment