Saturday, September 18, 2010

You might be needing this ...

First day of school holidays today & already the kids are bored!

I had orders to finish so Matt was the primary parent for a little while today. I have to admit he is a good husband & Daddy. He has learnt how to read Lamb & recognise what he needs & is now able to put Lamb to sleep without bring him to me to feed to sleep. Which is very convenient for me, so I don't have to keep stopping what I'm doing.

Mind you Lamb doesn't have a chance to stay asleep for long as the other kids LOVE to be noisy! Especially when they know their little brother is in bed! We send them outside - but their boisterous chatter & laughter seeps in the windows & finds it's way to Maximus' little ears!

Once I had finished my orders I decided to take the family to the park so the older kids could burn off their crazy energy & Lamb could get a decent sleep in the car & mei tai once we got there. OH & so I could get some more lovely outdoor photos! (I have a new addiction/obsession of photography!).

So we pile the kids in, get the camera & set off to find a lovely park with a gorgeous 'back drop'.

We drive past one park, the kids eagerly ask "Can we play at that one?" - I glance, it's dark & hidden. Nope, not this one.

The kids sigh.

We cruise up to another one. "What about this one?" They ask. I glance around - it's packed with other families. I'm funny about taking pictures around other people's kids - don't want them to think I am photographing stranger's kids. Nope, not this one.

More sighs resonate from the back of the car.

We pull up to a third park - the kids unenthusiastically glance up but don't bother asking. "Everybody out!" I call. Within seconds the kids are unbuckled & running towards the playground. Matt goes ahead with the oldest three & I put Lamb (asleep finally!) into the mei tai & grab the camera out.

As I'm walking towards the playground I see a perfect photo opportunity & pull out the camera, turn it on & take aim. Hmm, the button didn't work, I pull it away from my eye & see some writing on the digital display. I glance closer & my heart sinks.

"No SD card inserted" it says.

Bugger.

In my mind I catch a quick flash back to my laptop. In the side of my laptop is the USB card reader. In that USB card reader is the SD card that I need RIGHT NOW!!!!!

No, No, No, NO!
Buggerbum!

Matt glances at me & asks if everything is OK, I shake my head & walk back to the car to put the camera back. When I make it to Matt he is confused. I explain it to him & what does he do? Has a bit of a giggle & says "Oh damn". I'll give him 'oh damn' bloody little ...

Then of course I see SO many opportunity for some beautiful photos & my good mood is soon a distant memory.

While we are putting the kids back in the car I say to Matt that we should put a spare SD card in the car or my bag or something. He says "Like this one?" I glace in the rear vision mirror & he is holding up a spare SD card!!!! Apparently there was already one in the bag, I hadn't even thought to look!

Even though the kids are all strapped in, it's getting late & looks like it's about to rain, I have a brief thought of dragging them back out again now!

Instead I sulk all the way home, I'm sure I will laugh about this eventually, but right now - not so much.

At least I'll never forget the SD card ever again!!!

Peace out
xx


1 comment:

  1. I guess youve got a Nikon? LOL.. Mine says the same thing.. Right before im about to take a photo at dreamworld.. Boo!

    ReplyDelete