Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Babysitter Bailey!

When Bailey was 2 years & 4 months he became a big brother for the first time. He was excellent with Jocelyn & completely adored her.

I did once however, get to her just in the nick of time as Bailey dropped her on the tiles when she was only weeks old! He just wanted to cuddle her & had picked her up off her rocker & just as I walked back into the room she slipped from his grasp. From then on he only asked to hold her when I was there with him.

When Cooper came along just 16 months later he was even better. He just loved helping me with Cooper. He got so excited when Cooper learnt to sit up & crawl, & eventually walk.

When I was first pregnant with Maximus we wanted to keep it quiet for a bit so we had to watch what we said in front of Bailey. But he was smarter than us & one day we decided to see if he knew & asked him if he knew anyone that was having a baby. He casually said "Yeah, Mummy is." So much for fooling the 5 year old!

Bailey is such a kind, caring & loving boy. During my pregnancy he would love to feel the baby move in my tummy & would be in hysterics (alone with Jocelyn & Cooper) when the baby would kick his hand or do a massive body roll & my belly would jump & jiggle. At night when I put him to bed, he would stand on his bed to give me a kiss & cuddle so I wouldn't have to bend down. He would 'rub' my feet when they were sore & help me up off the couch when I was too fat to do it myself!

When Maximus was born Bailey was in the room with us (as he had requested to be!) & while I was moaning through the contractions he would stick his fingers in his ears, but have the massive grin on his face the whole time, & once in between contractions was telling Grandma (my lovely mother) that having a baby was hard work & that's why Mummy was making so much noise. Once Maxi was earthside he was instantly by my side at the pool, checking the new baby out!

Anyway - I'm going on a tangent!

Bailey has been an ever awesomer helper with Maximus. When Maxi is fussing & I'm busy all I have to do is ask Bailey to talk to him & he usually starts smiling & coo'ing!

Tonight I was laying on the couch with Maximus & Matt asked me to help him dish dinner out so I got up to put Max down & help Matt when Bailey perked up. "I can look after him for you, Mum," he said. I went to say that 'No' it's OK I'll put him in his bed" when I changed my mind.

I put Max on Bailey's lap while Bailey played the Wii & Max was MORE than happy to sit there & watch, & grab at the controls!

It was soooooo adorable! So of course - I got pics!

I have so much love for all of my children, it's hard to imagine just how much more I can love them when I already love them so very much!!!

Love, Love, Love!!!

Peace out
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment