Thursday, September 23, 2010

All Aboard!

This morning when I heard the delivery man's van coming up the street I felt a pang of excitement! A shipment of delicious minky was due to arrive at my door any day now!

The van slowly made it's way down the street & then came to a stop over the road & the delivery man came towards my door! It's here!!!

I went to go & meet him at the door, then glanced down & realised I was still in my PJ's - one of Matt's old, ratty singlets & underwear! Probably should get dressed first, so I ran to my room & pulled the first clothes I could find over my PJs - all the while getting strange stares from my kids.

I answered the door with Maxi in my arms & the delivery man (who knows us pretty well now that I get packages every few days!) commented on how big Maxi was getting then handed a massive box to Bailey to carry for me (which BB loved!).

It was like Christmas at our place! There were 4 bundles all wrapped in tissue paper in the box, so Bailey & Jocelyn had a ball ripping those open for me!

I saw Bailey thinking intently about something & asked him to share his thoughts. He told an idea he had about the box. He wanted to turn it into a boat!!

So I cut the lid parts of it - to make the paddles - & sent them on their way up the river!

They loved this! & it kept them occupied for about .... 5 mintues!

Oh, to be a kid again!

Peace out
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment