Thursday, September 30, 2010

Animal Lover

When my niece, LiiLa, turned 2 in July, my sister organised a mobile farm to come to their house for LiiLa's party. I just knew my kids would have a ball, I just didn't realise how much.

Bailey & Cooper were rather hesitant about the animals, but Miss Jocelyn was a natural. She loved petting them all & didn't bat an eyelid when they jumped on her, or nipped her or barrelled her over. She loved it all.

I don't know why I was surprised, she adores our dogs & any other animal she comes into contact with really. But her ease with them was just magical to see.

After LiiLa's party I told Matt that I thought we should have a similar party for Jo's 4th birthday in March next year. She would LOVE that!

Today we went to play at a place called 'King Country'. There the kids could play on the play ground, jumping castle & there was also a pen of farm animals up the back.

Naturally Jocelyn gravitated straight for the animals. She couldn't get in there fast enough & when she did, it was uncanny the way the animals drifted to her & stood by her with ease. She went around & petted every animal in the pen (bar some turkeys that ran away from everyone!). The look on her face was that of love.

How proud I am of my little animal lover.

Peace out
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment