Thursday, September 16, 2010

Jocelyn's Messy.

This morning while Matty & I were chatting away we could hear the distant barking of our border collie X cattle dog, Bessy. We didn't think too much of it, but then Matty stopped what he was doing & looked at me with a confused look on his face. "Is that one of ours?" He asked me. "Yeah, it's Bessy," I told him without much thought. But then I noticed she sounded different. "But it doesn't sound like she's in the yard." I added. Matty listened thoughtfully for a second & agreed so got up to check. I was feeding Maximus so I stayed on the couch.

When I heard the urgency in Matt's footsteps coming back down the hallway, I knew what he was going to say before he said it. "Yep, they've gotten out." He said. Crap. They'd broken the pailing on next doors fence & gotten out through their yard. Thing is - those neighbours have a bunch of chickens in their yard. Double crap.

Matty went for a drive to see if he could see them while I waited. Nothing.

After a few minutes we thought we could hear them in the bush over the road, so Matty went for a walk to see if he could see/hear them over there. Nothing.

About an hour later I heard Matty coming out of his office so I poked my head out of my door way & he nodded towards the window in the dining & when I looked I saw my fellow red headed, best bud Apollo. He had come back.

We all ran outside, so glad to see him, but he looked very guilty. Looking around I realised something. No Bessy. I looked next door to see if maybe she was there. Nope. Out on the road. Nope. I listened to see if I could hear her. Nope.

We decided to wait a bit & if she wasn't back by the time Cooper woke from his nap we would go for a drive to find her. A little while later I hear a little girl calling someone. I soon realise it is my dear Jocelyn, standing out in the backyard, in tears, calling for her best friend, Bessy, to come home. My heart ached at this sight & I grabbed Jo & held her close. "I want my Messy." She managed through tears.

We drove around. Nothing.

She wasn't wearing her collar, she isn't microchipped either. We will be putting posters up & asking around etc. What else could we do?

Messy - please come back, your JoJo misses you terribly & would like a cuddle.

That is all.

Peace out
xx


 


No comments:

Post a Comment