Saturday, September 25, 2010

Boobin' Outdoors

Like everynight that I make a blog entry, I asked Matt to read last night's entry & tell me what he thought. Apart from his usual "It's great babe," he also mentioned that I should write a blog about me for once, instead of about others - so here it is! Well, it also includes Lamb too.

Most of the time when we go out I will feed Lamb in the car or somehere secluded, depending on where we are. It's not because I am ashamed of breastfeeding, or anything like that. I do it for a few reasons - 1) My own comfort
2) I know a minority of people may get uncomfortable & I hate to make others squirm (unless they have annoyed me!)
3) There are some down right nasty & rude people that think breastfeeding in public is wrong & are not afraid of making their thoughts known

This latter has never happened to me (yet!) & for that I am grateful, but I am fearful of this happening as anyone who knows me will know that I do not like to upset/anger others nor do I like confrontation.

Anyway, today we were at the park again & Lamb was beginning to fuss because he was getting hungry & I didn't want to go all the way back to the car so I decided to sit on the bench right there & feed my baby. So I did.

Even though I was a bit anxious because there was an older man there to my right with his sons that gave me a cautionary glance as I set about attaching Lamb, but I turned away so he couldn't see me & so I couldn't see him either.

I sat there feeding for a bit & when I glanced back toward the older man he saw me look & rudely turned his back on me, even though he was talking to his son, who was near me & therefore now behind his back also. I tried to ignore it, & just kept on feeding my baby.

Eventually Lamb detached & grinned up at me, as he does after a satisfying feed & I instantly forgot about the rude man. He had left anyway.

While I am so glad he never said anything, I am also slightly disapointed that I didn't get to use my 'If breastfeeding offends you, feel free to put a blanket over YOUR head!' line.

Peace out
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment